Tuesday, September 10, 2002

War

When I see the pictures of the attacks again, I just scream (in my head), “bastards!” I’m still mad. I still want those who did this to us dead.

On the one-year anniversary of this attack, I guess I’ll post an essay I wrote within a week of the attack. I submitted it to one publication but I didn’t get a response on it. I submitted it by email contrary to their policy so I should not have expected too much. I believed time of the essence. I wrote it as a general guide to our war effort and I think it has stood the test of time. I confess I did not think the Taliban would easily fall. I expected we would have to dig out bin Laden while suppressing the Taliban. There is a lesson here too. The Taliban failed to defeat their Northern Alliance enemies completely and let them survive in a small corner of Afghanistan. With our help they swept across Afghanistan. Let us not make the same mistake—win decisively and win completely. No mercy, boys.

Here it is if you are interested.