Monday, January 24, 2005

Win-Win Solution

I don't understand it when some complain that a number of detained terrorists at Guantanamo Bay attempted to commit suicide. I just don't get why Amnesty International complains that indefinite detention is really depressing to these thugs. I am bewildered that this suicide attempt plot was considered by the detainees to be an act of defiance aimed at new guards and that we stopped them.

I really don't get why we don't just let them commit suicide. Presto, no more "indefinite" detentions, so the AI fanatics stops whining. Plus, we show we are culturally sensitive to our detainees' wishes for death and we'd give them a little "win" by allowing a show of defiance against us.

I little more successful defiance like that and we can close down Gitmo.