Monday, November 27, 2006

Imams, Ministers and a Rabbi ...

... walk into an airport. So what is this? A joke or something?

Sadly, no:



Imams, ministers and a rabbi staged a "pray-in" demonstration Monday at Reagan Washington National Airport and demanded an apology from US Airways for barring six Muslims from a Minneapolis to Phoenix flight last week.


Forget their loud praying, pairing off and dispersing to non-assigned seats, strange and unnecessary request for seat belt extensions, and their anti-American conversation.

You know, if Rourkes and Flannigans and O'Connors were piling up the corpses at our airports and in our planes, I'd expect to be cavity searched every time I wanted to fly. And I'd hope I'd have the decency to be shamed that my co-nationalities were so depraved that I as an Irish-American had to endure such indignities because of them. To be affronted that such precautions are necessary is an outrage. I hope US Airways does not apologize for just doing their damn jobs. Or at least says it was a joke that went awry. That seems to work of late.

I wish these imams put as much effort into persuading jihadis not to yell "Allahu Akbar!" every time they slaughter some infidels. I wish the imams were as insulted by jihadi crimes against Moslems. Talk about your worst day ever. So-called "flying while Moslem" in America is sure safer than "driving while Moslem" in Iraq, eh?

For jihadis, the punch line is always a bomb or beheading of some sort. So we can't afford to let down our guard. Security is no laughing matter.