Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Semi-Annual Disclaimer

The Left has been annoying me more than usual lately. So it is time I dust off my semi-annual explanation of my contempt.

I don't use the terms "left" or "anti-war side" as synonyms for Democrats. There are anti-war Republicans, too, though admittedly they are in far smaller numbers.

I know many Democrats and they are fine people. On state level issues, I have no real problem with either party. These are things to be negotiated over in committees.

But at the national level when issues of national security are at stake, I cannot trust the Democratic party because they have been seized by a palace coup of Lefties and moonbat anti-war fanatics.

It is possible to disagree over policy. But what we have is a fundamental inability to even see the same world.

I cannot accept debate over whether we should win a war lawfully and justly begun. And I cannot accept debate over who are the good guys and who are the bad guys in this war.

As long as the national debate is over these issues, I will never trust the party that represents the view that we should lose and deserve to lose with the power to lead our nation.

And I don't like that situation. The Republicans deserved to lose the last Congressional elections, no doubt. But I could never say the Democrats earned the right to win.

I want that to change. We need two national parties that can be trusted with defending our country. We don't have that now.