Saturday, June 28, 2008

No Operational Link

Our Left and al Qaeda certainly have no operational links. But they do have common enemies, it seems:

[VP Cheney's chief of staff] Addington told [Representative] Delahunt he couldn't discuss specific techniques being used, or even discussed for use, by CIA agents because terrorists may be watching his appearance and would gain insight into what U.S. intelligence agents are up to."You kind of communicate with Al Qaeda if you do. I can't talk to you because Al Qaeda may watch C-SPAN," Addington said.

Delahunt responded: "I'm sure they are watching. I'm glad they finally have a chance to see you, Mr. Addington, given your penchant for being unobtrusive."


I'm sure Representative Delahunt meant no harm at all by that little joke.

But I'm sure psychologists would have a field day about what it says about who the good representative considers his real enemy and his real ally.