Thursday, March 26, 2009

Being Nice to a Friend

Lord knows I'm no fan of our president, but I completely missed the theme that apparently has been running through the right side of the aisle that President Obama thanked himself by mindlessly reading a teleprompter at a St. Patrick's Day event with Irish premier Brian Cowen.

When I read a story about it, I read it as a gracious effort by our president to smooth over a little glitch with Cowen's prompter with some self-deprecating humor. I guess my VRWC implant malfunctioned and I didn't get the Rove download on this subject.

For all I've worried that this administration seems determined to reach out to our enemies and stiff arm our friends, I thought this was at least a step in the right direction.

Anyway, this article refutes the rumor and verifies my impression.

There's plenty enough to complain about without stooping to this level. Come on people, it's too soon for Obama Derangement Syndrome to set in.