Sunday, October 25, 2009

Semi-Post Bleh

I wrapped up pretty well to take Mister to the Penn State game:



Actually, that was from the Delaware State game (as you can tell from the score board), but it was too rainy for me to take pictures yesterday. And the wrap-up level was about the same (minus the rain gear we took yesterday), so it's good enough for blogging.

About the best thing I can say about the game is that I didn't relapse because of sitting in the cold and rain. I actually felt better at the end of the game then at the beginning. But Mister got pretty cold, so we left with maybe five minutes to go.

We never do that. I figure the team should see fans no matter what. But his feet got wet ... So we beat the rush and went home to get hot food.

Actually, the best thing I can say is that I had a good outing with my son. That's always pretty good. If we keep doing that for decades to come, I'm just fine with that.

And today, as I promised Lamb we'd do before her birthday this week, we went to Build-a-Bear where Lamb built Pinky (after Mister bought a couple books to occupy him--he loves Dilbert and Calvin and Hobbes). This was Lamb's first time, and she loves her new "pet" that she built. they even put a heart inside the creature before sewing it up. The sales woman was very nice with Lamb.



And a unicorn bed. Of course. She really liked making her "bear" and filling out the birth certificate they printed out.

And no health relapse for me yet. I'm just relieved Lamb didn't pick the Hello Kitty creature. I'm reasonbly sure that would have induced projectile vomiting.

Then we finished up the trip with Icees and came home. A nice weekend, after all, despite my worries of pulling it off.