Monday, April 19, 2010

Twittering While Rome Burns

President Clinton is upset that the world can see our divisions on display:

Former President Bill Clinton says he worries that the world perceives an America too immersed in its own internal political squabbles.

That's a valid enough worry, though I don't remember Clinton noticing this problem prior to January 2009 when the glorious era of hope and change began.

I commented on this problem more than three years ago, but did not suggest the solution should include stifling dissent as much as I hoped--but did not expect--that dissent could be limited to reasonable decibel levels.

Our information operations will suffer dramatically until we can solve the problem. I still think my Plan B is more likely than keeping the world from seeing our squabbles.