Sunday, April 29, 2012

Eventful Weekend

Well, this was certainly an eventful weekend with Lamb.

To preface the start, on Thursday I had a long day of travel, drinking, and a board game. And lots of junk food. It was great.

But with very little sleep, I had to spend nearly the entire day at Lamb's school where I had volunteered to help with the disability awareness day. I manned the wheel chair station. The kids loved that--until they faced the door challenge. Now they are aware of that.

Lamb was pleasantly surprised to see me since I hadn't mentioned I was on duty. Lamb's mom volunteered before work, too, and she stayed for a shift. I thought I was going to luck out and escape before lunch to go home and nap. No luck. Lamb's teacher asked if I could stay for the inspection mission and then the after lunch part. I managed to stay awake through all of that.

I just had time to go home and grab a cup of coffee, go get Mister from school, and then pick up Lamb before going home and making dinner for the three of us.

As a bonus, on Saturday morning my Ex asked if I could take Lamb to her girl scout outing where they could learn about plants and earn a merit badge. I was happy to do it and managed to find the place without too much trouble. She had a ball with that.

And while yesterday was an ordinary day, Lamb wanted to get to the great outdoors to fly her kite, go to the park for the swing, try out her carrot-trooper from the top of the play structure, swing, and shoot darts at her dad (It's like Running Man but with nerf bullets).

Then to top it off, I suggested we feed the ducks. Mister is no longer interested in that entertainment. Although he is still interested in heading for the mini-golf course soon. Sadly, Saturday was way too cold. Maybe next Saturday. We aren't tied to the TV for Red Wings games, after all. (Curse you, defective "lucky" donut!)

After wasting most of the bread on some mostly disinterested geese and failing to attract a young goose still in down that simply ran away from Lamb, we wandered around the perimeter of the pond and found a small satellite pond where a mother duck and seven ducklings so small that they had to be only days old! Jackpot.

Lamb was filled with the cuteness of it all, and even gave up the peanuts and pretzels she had brought along for her own snack after we fed the last slice of bread to the family.

Sadly, all I had was my 3-year-old flip phone for pictures, and if you didn't know it was a picture of a duck and ducklings, the little brown blobs are just, well--little brown blobs. And I have no way of getting those pictures off my phone. I really should get a new phone from my company, since they owe me one by now--and see if they can capture the pictures and save them for me.

These are the weeks I live for. Extra time and good memories.