Friday, November 29, 2013

Ritual Animal Sacrifice. With Pie

So it was a good Thanksgiving.

It was tinged with a little regret since this is a year where my kids go to my Ex's parents for the holiday. But it was still good to see my parents, sister, and my sort-of brother-in-law. My brothers were otherwise occupied.

Then it was home and I watched the Buffy the Vampire Slayer Thanksgiving episode.

That's the one where Anya describes the day as one "To commemorate a past event, you kill and eat an animal. It's a ritual sacrifice. With pie."

I had chocolate mousse. But the idea is the same.

And there was no shopping for me. None today, either, unless you count a quick run to the grocery store for a couple odds and ends for dinner tonight.

And now I need to assemble the tree. Later, Lamb can sort the ornaments with Mister and I can put up lights and other sundry decorations for the next past event commemoration.

It will be another ritual sacrifice. With breaking and entering--via the chimney.