Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Quitzkrieg

Quitting time comes early for the German military these days.

Yeah, tell me again about how NATO could easily repel a Russian invasion:

The German military, once the most feared fighting force in Europe, is being forced to lay down its weapons by restrictive new overtime limits.

German soldiers taking part in a four-week Nato exercise in Norway earlier this year had to leave after just 12 days because they had gone over their overtime limits, it has emerged.

As a reservist, I trained harder, it seems. Since I remember one 4-day exercise during which I counted myself lucky to get one stretch of 5 continuous hours of sleep.

The German military isn't happy with the rules.

No doubt. People still tremble when they speak of the German military--but now it is because they are laughing.

Heck, the British report that "If Chancellor Merkel sends the German army to Britain, I shall have the police arrest them."

And remember, Russia bizarrely claims NATO is a major threat to invade Holy Mother Russia.