Saturday, December 31, 2016

2016

I know I've blown my monthly quota of posts by grossly exceeding 100, so screw it. Let me pile on now and have a chance in January of not seeming like a compulsive blogging bot.

Behold Dave Barry's year in review. Just a sample from July:

On the Democratic side, the month gets off to a rocky start when FBI Director James Comey, announcing the results of the bureau’s investigation, reveals that when Hillary Clinton was secretary of state, her official emails, some including classified material, were basically as secure from prying eyes as a neon beer sign. Nevertheless, Comey says he is recommending that no criminal charges be brought against Clinton, because, quote, “I don’t want to die.”

Tip to Mad Minerva, who has sadly dropped from the radar screens for being an interesting window on Taiwan affairs.

But hey, she (assuming that impression is accurate!) may have a life.