Thursday, August 31, 2017

Pre-Defeated

If China can throw an army ashore on Taiwan, I suspect the Taiwanese army will not have the ability to throw the Chinese army back into the sea--if it doesn't collapse.

Oh good Lord:

The budgetary volte-face put forth last week comes as the Taiwanese military confronts a host of maladies, most prominent being lowered morale, faltering recruitment drives, and lackluster training.

I think China can put an army on Taiwan.

If Taiwan wants to preserve their democratic nation they need to pay a lot more money to pay for it and build a military with quality people that have high levels of training and good morale.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the way Taiwan is unserious about defending themselves, I would not risk selling them our most advanced weapons (like the F-35) because I think that China will simply capture lots of undamaged Taiwanese weapons when they conquer Taiwan.