Monday, December 11, 2017

Land Power in the Pacific

I shouldn't have let my email build up. Otherwise I would have read a December 7 AUSA email announcement a bit sooner that my paper "Fighting for the Land--from the Sea" was published by the Institute of Land Warfare.

The paper uses the Guadalcanal campaign of 75 years ago as a historical example to argue for multi-domain synergy that uses the Army's core competencies outside of the Korean peninsula.

Perhaps we don't want to fight a land war in Asia, but potential enemies shouldn't be able to count on that self-limitation.

This is the announcement and the paper is here.

It was just over 20 years ago that they published another Land Warfare Paper that I wrote.

UPDATE: I would like to note that an article on how to use the Army outside of South Korea was accepted for publication and should be out next year. This Guadalcanal paper was intended to complement the policy with a historical example. In the oddities of writing, I wrote this paper after the policy article.